Monday, July 19, 2010

4th of July and the 12th and the 18th

The boys really got into lighting stuff on fire this year

Especially Brax!
Ashlyn, not so much
Dad Rasmussen's birthday...alas no pictures of the actual day, but Saturday the 17th we painted the garages as a birthday present

After, Primed

Both garage and person if you can tell from Tim's happy smiling face.

Since the kids couldn't paint, we took them swimming!
 Jace about to do a cannonball
Jace doing a cannonball
three happy swimmers
And I couldn't help but post these faces of Jace and Ashlyn

Or this picture of Ashlyn
 Or this one:)

After all the painting, my dear husband helped me put the finishing touches to this

 I had finished sewing the cushions but needed some manpower stapling the new cushion to the ottoman. It was after 10pm and he had been painting all day and I know helping me finish this project was the last thing he wanted to do, but it was Saturday and I didnt want to wait all the way until Monday to cross this project off my list! Well, he was a champ and didnt say one word as he helped me staple the ottoman. Doesnt it look nice...$20 for the glider off KSL, $12 for the new fabric and voila!
This glider really needs a before though, so
Fresh off the block

After tearing off the old fabric, washing the foam cushions and recovering them with a muslin cover so the foam is better protected and...
The after shot of the whole thing again. That pillow also really needs a close up of its own, and possibly its own post because Ive spent hours doing handwork on it

 You cant see in this picture that I embroidered the birds and branches and added sequins...heres another upclose shot
I really enjoy doing handwork and this pillow I think turned out soo cute!
So then I let Tyler go to bed

The sacrament meeting I was supposed to play the piano for our ward...instead I played the piano in front of over 300 people for a mission president's homecoming who served in the Texas Fort Worth mission. We get to the church about 10 minutes early so I can warm up before playing and the parking lot was already full. This NEVER happens even when both wards are at the building at the same time. I was in shock walking into the building. I asked our neighbor, who was walking in too, why there were so many people and she said it was this homecoming and they invited all their missionaries, which over the course of 3 years and in Utah is obviously a lot. If I would have thought about it I would have snapped a picture of the inside--there were people sitting on chairs in the foyer and all the way through the cultural hall, people filled the choir seats and were standing against the wall. I was soo NERVOUS! This is why I never play in front of people because i cant control my nerves.
Well everything turned out okay, thanks to some fervent prayers in my behalf and I am grateful that I practiced so much so the Lord had something to actually work with!


I wanted to include a closeup picture of the duvet cover I finished for the bed in the nursery, so here are the adorable buttons at the top. You can see that it is yellow and purple and pink to match with the other decor. I will wait to post a picture of the whole effect (those pillow cases behind are not part of the done look) when I get it all set up and stuff so I bet you cant wait!

Youve finally reached the end of the mega post! hope you enjoyed and stay tuned for some belly pics!


Grace Hart said...

Look at you! I love the chair, I can't believe you did that! I can't wait for more pictures of the nursery!

A Close Family said...

You are one of the most crafty and talented people I know! Way to go! I'm excited to see you this next Thursday!