Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm sure you're all tired

Of seeing all my craft/baby projects...so I guess I'll wait until everything is in the room all decorated to post them. If you don't want to read baby stuff, scroll past the next section:

I did however need to include these little bobbie socks


Ok, well on to NOT BABY things!!! Here's where you start reading if you want to know about me and Tyler's life and not our baby buttons inside my tummy.

For starters, I don't know about you all, but I am definitely less social than I used to be--in fact, this week has been a rarity--I got to see my fellow SNAK-PAK friend Spat, who lives in Ohio :(
Since she came and visited her twin sis. We of course had to take a picture with my baby bump

There:) see it?? Anyway, I was looking at these pictures and decided I really HAVE to do something with my hair. I TOTALLY need a hair cut or something. I just look so blah...I wanted to go lighter brown and do like a golden color like so
But that involves totally bleaching out the black currently in my hair and then re-dying it. I don't know if I'm up for $100+ right before baby...So, anyone have any other ideas??? Maybe I'll just cut it and hope my bangs will grow out faster so I can do the side sweep thing...

I spend a lot of time on this blog writing about me and not nearly enough about Tyler. Probably because his life is WAAAY boring compared to mine....hahahhaaaa....Right. Probably because I forget to document all the cool stuff he does as I am wrapped up in my little pregnant mommy-to-be selfish life. Well, I documented something this time.

What is this you may ask? This is Ty's 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS Coupe. We are penny pinchers (in every sense) and have been driving this car for over a year without either the driver or passenger side windows working--I mean you know when you drive up to a drivethrough window and you roll down your window to pay and pick up your food...we had to OPEN the door instead of conveniently pushing the little up and down button. Well, to get them fixed at an auto dealers it is a buttload of mulah, so we of course (and I mean Tyler) took the door apart and diagnosed the problem: the window regulator worked but there were some plastic clips that no longer held the window onto the regulator (motor that makes it go up and down) and so when you pushed the button the motor would turn but the window just stayed there. Solution: apoxy the clip back onto the glass and replace the regulator with the missing clips from a junk yard find at $36.

Tyler called me today so proud and said, "guess what I'm doing?...I'm driving down the road with my window rolled down and enjoying the breeze." First time in a long time.
Isn't he fabulous??? did I mention that the driver's window must work to pass Utah's safety/emissions testing to be registered and ruby's (that's the name of Ty's car) expires in July??



Now all that's left is the passenger side window.....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a cute pregnant mommy you are! That's great that Ty was able to fix the door- and save all that money, I'm impressed. One thing to think about when planning to dye your hair while being pregnant- a lot of the chemicals can be absorbed through your skin and if you have to dye it and then dye it again that might be a lot of chemicals that could be passed on to your baby. I'm not trying to tell you what to do though, you'd look super cute with light brown hair too! I know what you mean about needing a change with hair- I'm the same way right now, I feel like I'm stuck in such a rut! p.s. congrats on the coming baby!

KB said...

So cool bout the cheap window fix! Good luck with the hair :)

Karissa and Mik said...

you are one crafty lady! i am loving all the cute baby stuff! im feeling your pain with your hair, its definitely tricky to go lighter, if you wanted to go the cheap route a clarifying shampoo would help fade the color you have now. i also wonder if you just put a few foils through the top of your hair and around your face to make it look a little sunkissed if that would help brighten it up and help you feel better. just a few ideas for you! good luck!