Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good News

I'm starting a business!! Ok, just kidding actually. Tyler and I were just talking about it at dinner. He wants me to open up my own restaurant...ya, no. So I was wanting to make these Spinach Turkey Burgers that Ty's cousin made that sounded so delicioso; however, when I approached my kitchen I found that my stock of ingredients required was about nil. But, I decided to improvise and we think they turned out fantastico! here's what I did (super easy, super healthy, so try it).

Ingredients:
meat patties (of whatever variety)
red pepper flakes
season salt
canadian steak seasoning

onion, diced
garlic, crushed
oregano
season salt
fresh spinach

mozarella cheese
tomato
ketchup
whatever else

Directions:
I had some left-over pork burgers (because they happened to be cheaper than ground beef or beef patties at the time) and we grilled them on our lean mean grilling machine! then I added some season salt (special recipe from my gma) with some red pepper flakes and canadian steak seasoning.
While those were grillin, I sauteed the onions in a fry pan with some spray in a can olive oil and the fresh crushed garlic clove. I then added the salt and oregano. After onions are all sauteed up, add the spinach, just until wilty.
When the burgers are done, slap on some mozarella cheese, a slice of tomato, and then the spinach creation. It has a bit of Mediterranean flavor to it, but a great way to make a burger healthy and use up left overs.

So Tyler's idea for my restaurant name is Culinary Creations...Anyother ideas??

8 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

notice how there are no amounts of each listed? that means it's up to the cook for how much flavor you want and how many you're cooking for..improvisation baby

Ashley said...

how fun!!! i am actually making dinner on Sunday for a lot of people and I have hamburger patties in my freezer!!! Thank you for the wonderful idea!!!! I'll let you know how it turns out!!

Alexis said...

Ha! I have wanted to open a restaurant forever! I keep telling Alma that someday I'm going to and he just laughs. Probably because he knows I'll be using the money he's earned to do it! The recipe sounds great though. I definitely will try it!

Unknown said...

first of all..i'm HORRIBLE at improvising.
second of all, when am i invited for dinner????

Kristin said...

Tim has wanted us to open a restaurant since we got married. He even has a locatoin picked out and still if I make something he likes he says we should put it on out menu. : )

maggie-t said...

that is so cool that you like to cook. does Tyler usually help you are do you do it on your own?

Elyse said...

I'd call it: "I Like Food". Ha. That's the truth!

Kellie Black and Boys said...

Come see us when you are here!!! We don't have anything planned!