Monday, December 15, 2008

Long Overdue

Even though I keep on trying, somehow the days just go on by without me posting. I've been doing really well at taking pictures though:) I was in the Nutcracker and did 4 performances. 2 Matinee and 2 night ones. I was cast in 6 different roles: Party Parent for the opening party scene, Ladies in Waiting to introduce the Sugar Plum Fairy, Chinese dance, Russian dance, Snowflake in the snow scene, and a Flower in Waltz of the Flower. It was my first performance on pointe and it was SOOO fun. There were some tragedies along the way, however, first my toenail. I was going to post a picture, but it's too hideous. The first weekend of rehearsals were so intense that both my big toes got blood blisters. Well I babied my left toenail for months to try and keep the nail on so I wouldn't be dancing and irritating the new skin that would be exposed if I lost the nail....but alas, after my Tuesday night performance it was gone. That left me with two performances to go without a toenail. I am happy to report that it didn't even hurt me that bad on pointe, only when I was in flat shoes because I was putting the top of my foot on the floor instead of dancing on top of my toes.
I was so happy to be done and I'm so grateful to everyone who came to support me!!! I love my family!!! Here are some of the pictures
These are our Snow costumes. You probably can tell how illfitting it is on me:) but you can't see the loads and loads of glitter we have on!!

Dancing on stage for the snowflake. My phone doesn't take really good movement pictures, and there's no flash:)Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy

After the show in my Chinese costume with my hottie of a husband.
Align CenterOur Russian troupe:)

1 comment:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

This looks like so much fun! You look beautiful! and I am so glad that you followed through with dancing and have gotten so great! (I must admit I am a little jealous) Wish I could have been there! And your christmas tree looks beautiful! I love christmas time, and having a tree.... good thing he did not sit down! Miss you! Merry christmas!