Monday, October 27, 2008

Catching Up

I struggle each week to think of how I can be more creative in blogging. I re-read my posts and I'm like BOOOORRRRING! So, either that means my blog is a reflection of my personality, or maybe I just can't write:) So I decided the blog needed a facelift. How does it look??

Or maybe it's actually because I'm sitting here in my managerial economics class talking about money, markets, and banking and we're discussing the current LIBOR rate and TED spread and what's going to happen when the Fed meets Wednesday to discuss the Federal Funds Target Rate (and Bloomberg says drop is most likely to go to .75%!!!) It's actually a good time to be studying the market because I am able to understand everything that is going on right now in our economy and the implications, not only for the United States, but also for the whole health of the world.

Or maybe it's because I haven't posted in forever. So I don't even know where to start...So i'll start with the now and work my way backwards. I voted today!!! Now that's a crazy story because I don't have any identification yet that shows I am a Rasmussen (except my Social Security Card) I haven't gotten my new drivers license yet so I couldn't register to vote in Utah. But, because I HAD to make sure my vote counted, I registered for my absentee ballot in Colorado. Funny thing though is that I thought I was already going to get my absentee ballot but it didn't come, it didn't come and it didn't come! I called my mom and asked her what I should do. Resourceful as she is, she called our county clerk (who used to be in our ward) and he said that that day was the last day to send in a request for a mail in ballot! Well, there wasn't enough time to mail it in, so I faxed it. Except we don't have a fax machine at home...or so I thought!! Turns out out printer has faxing capabilities and all I had to do was plug it in to the phone line and it works!!! So I am so excited now:) I faxed in my request and the mail in ballot came while we were in California for Elyse's wedding, which was yesterday. Problem is that the ballot had to be received in Colorado by tonight at 7:00pm. Well, A voter's got to do what a voter's got to do. I mailed it (well Tyler did), overnight express, for $16.50!!! My vote better count!

I mentioned in there that we were in California for Elyse's wedding and that's the next thing. You will HAVE to read Kristin's blog because she has many things to talk about for this trip:) We drove to Las Vegas Thursday night and then arrived in Southern California Friday afternoon. We ate at this delicious Mexican restaurant called El Patio located in Dana Point CA and then we went to my aunt and uncle's house in Fountain Valley (right by Huntington Beach). We talked about everything from my trip to Chile, to the election, and also those Twilight books and we talked way into the evening. It was fun though to catch up on our short married life! (it's already been 2 MONTHS). We woke up and got to the temple on time and loved it. The Newport Beach temple is Gorgeous! heres a pic:


Here's some other pics from the wedding:


My adorable nephews from left to right Braxton and Jace (oh and my adorable husband too:)


In front of the restaurant where Elyse's reception was...right on the coast!

Brennan, me and Jenna at the temple


Tyler and Jenna








Brennan holding Ashlyn


On the way to California, we had to do something to keep the boys busy, so we fed Braxton doughnuts...

Pushed Jace in a merry-go-round...


The boys did "kung-fu" fighting

While we were in California we went to Downtown Disney and this is a picture of a really cool percussionist and guitar player. It sounded like New Age music, but whatever it was it was good



Since the wedding was over Halloween weekend, the boys got to go trick-or-treating. Jace of course was spiderman and little Brax was the cutest monkey ever!! Ashlyn was a flower and Kristin will have pics on her blog soon!
So those are the newest stories. Now to the old. Tyler and I carved pumpkins with Elyse and Andrew...

Carving that crazy spider was tricky! And I learned (since I am not a skilled pumpkin carver) that you start carving the middle and then move outwards. I got to the eyes last and could barely even do it without breaking the poor spider's legs.

The cards Jace and Braxton made for my Birthday!


So I think that brings me to my last post. A lot more has happened, but too much I'll bore you I think so I'll end here. Hopefully you all are doing well and enjoying the fall weather and the fact that Thanksgiving is just around the corner!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the blog facelift! Totally you! And first of all, you are not boring! well, maybe its boring when you DoN"T post! (hee hee) ... but I would rather hear about anything in any way shape or form than nothing at all. And it sounds like you guys are having a great time! The california wedding trip looked beautiful! And you shouldn't say you can't write.... because I know your way with words... haha I just found that poem that you made all fancy for me "to wake up with the dawn". Yup still have it! I am so glad you posted so much!

Kristin said...

I am glad that you aren't scarred by spending so much time at once with us. You and Tyler were great. Thanks for smiling through the whole thing, it made it much easier. And I love your new look for the blog and I love reading all your updates. You are never boring! : )